With the conclusion of Round 8 of the 2018 Formula Drift season, Formula Drift held its annual awards banquet and honored the top drivers, newcomers, fan favorites and the people who play an important part behind the scenes.
2018 Formula Drift Pro Awards:
2018 Formula DRIFT Black Magic Pro Championship: James Deane
Fan-Favorite Driver: James Deane
Top Qualifier of the Year: James Deane
Giving Back Award: Daijiro Yoshihara
Perfect Event Award: Fredric Aasbo
Team Manager of the Year: Stephan Papadakis from Papadakis Racing
Most Improved Driver of the Year: Matt Field
Tire Manufacturer’s Cup: Falken
Hardest Charger: Chelsea Denofa
Rookie of the Year: Dirk Stratton
Best Drifting Style: Forrest Wang
Crew Chief of the Year: Garrett Nikolich from Forrest Wang’s Get Nuts Lab
Spirit of Drifting: Michael Essa
Special Recognition: Chris Forsberg for being the first driver to surpass 200 wins in head-to-head FD battles.
Spotter of the Year: Amy Bakchis
2018 Formula Drift Pro2 Awards:
- 2018 Formula DRIFT Link ECU Pro2 Championship: Travis Reeder
- Fan-Favorite Driver: Dylan Hughes
- Fan-Favorite Car: Nissan 350Z driven by Alec Robbins
- Top Qualifier of the Year: Brandon Schmidt
- Rookie of the Year: Sebastien Gauthier
- Most Improved of the Year: Crick Filippi
- Comeback of the Year: Travis Reeder at FD St Louis, where he qualified 14th and won the event.
For more information, see Formula Drift.