When it comes to adding easy bolt-on modifications to your new S550, choosing a quality cold air intake is a smart investment. But enthusiasts are often faced with the challenge of finding a kit that will not only add usable power but will work in sync with their personal build needs.
Steeda’s S550 ProFlow Cold Air Intake is a great choice for 2015+ Coyote-powered Mustangs with the stock intake manifold. The cold air intake is available for 2015-2019 Ford Mustang GT’s and will allow your Coyote’s induction system to breathe much more freely than the stock intake system.
Steeda's S550 ProFlow Closed Cold Air Intake ($399.95)
- Part Number: 555 3220
- Sealed design airbox lid and tube
- Large 121 mm mass air meter
- 25 hp increase more than stock
- 30 hp increase over stock at mid-range [max gains]
- Fits all 2015 S550 Mustang GTs, including 2018 and newer
- Includes washable Steeda S550 Mustang Oiled Air Filter
- Retains all factory vacuum lines with optional sound tube delete
- Utilizes the factory grille duct
- No turbulence due to the placement of factory hood vents on 2018
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime warranty
- Quick and easy install
- Does require a custom tune (Steeda custom tune available here)
Steeda was able to achieve these numbers thanks to a massive 121 mm inlet tube, which is currently the largest on the market. The closed box design has also gone through extensive testing on stock vehicles as well as the team’s S550 Road Race Car and the popular Steeda “Silver Bullet” Drag Car.
Although the cold air kit does require a tune, Steeda provides all the necessary hardware for a quick and easy install making it a smart choice for Mustang enthusiasts looking to take an otherwise stock Mustang to that next level of performance.
On the company’s website, Steeda also provides an impressive list of tuning software for when you are ready to make the upgrade.
For the complete line of Steeda performance products for your S550 Mustang, you can click on the official website here.