Since 2015, Motoroso has served as a way for automotive enthusiasts to document and share details of their build as well as find inspiration from others. Recently the content curation platform announced the launch of its dedicated marketplace for automotive enthusiast parts & accessories.
“The success and utility of Houzz.com and Pinterest helped me realize the automotive industry was overdue for a platform that met the same needs” said Alex Littlewood, Founder of Motoroso.com.
To create the Marketplace, Motoroso teamed up with ChannelAdvisor (NYSE: ECOM), a marketplace selling platform, which will allow the enthusiast community to:
- Browse 100,000’s of the best name-brand products.
- Compare vendors, which have been hand-selected by the Motoroso team to ensure exceptional customer service and authenticity of products, solving a major challenge in other large mega-marketplaces.
- Find great prices, and never pay shipping.
- Chat with Motoroso’s live agents to get help on choosing the right products for their needs, from mild to wild.
- Launch Promotion: First-time Motoroso users who make a purchase of $200 or more during the month of February will receive a $20 Motoroso gift card towards future purchases.
“We’re addressing what’s been missing for millions of automotive and motorcycle enthusiasts for years” said Littlewood, a former Google employee who was raised in the heart of the Silicon Valley and spent the majority of his professional career in startups.
“We’ve been using the Motoroso content site since it’s launch in 2015 to document the project builds our customers love!” says Vahan Tovmasyan, Chief Technology Officer at VIBE Motorsports in Burbank.
“We’ve also been using ChannelAdvisor to sell across other marketplaces for several years, so we’re very excited to see the launch of the Motoroso Marketplace, and bring two major parts of our marketing and sales strategies together into one powerful ‘Houzz for cars’ website.”
In addition to the Marketplace, Motoroso is kicking off a new video content series that features installation guides, featured builds, parts reviews, brand spotlights, and more.
The first video to roll out features the Roush supercharged Mustang GT project build that Motoroso built in partnership with Ford Motor Company. The “Motoroso Mustang” was one of only 30 vehicles on display in Ford’s massive 25,000+ sq. ft. booth at the SEMA Show.
This ambitious content strategy is driven by their newest full time hire, a video producer who spent 6 years working with HBO.
Check out Motoroso.com for more information.