Each year, some of the biggest names in the automotive world come together in Sin City for the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) trade show. What makes this particular trade show so unique is that it gives vehicle manufacturers and the aftermarket community the chance to collaborate on project vehicles using aftermarket performance parts that many average enthusiasts would purchase for their personal builds .
CJ Pony Parts, one of the leading distributors of aftermarket performance parts around the country, teamed up with Ford Performance to design a drift vehicle that was sure to turn heads at the show. Their platform? Well, none other than the SEMA Show Car of the Year, the 2019 Ford Mustang.
Bill Tumas, along with his team of builders, set out to design and deliver a custom car that had to be assembled and ready to go in time for the SEMA Show.
“We wanted to design a drift inspired Mustang,” Tumas says. “Drifting is huge right now, and there are actually a lot more Mustang’s doing it in 2018.”
The team assembled a list of impressive vendors, including Anderson Composites, Baer Brakes, Rally Innovations and HRE Wheels, to come up with a build that would be fully capable of holding its own on the drift course. Of course, no drift vehicle would be complete without a potent powerplant. Tumas and his team enlisted the help of ROUSH Performance to give this Mustang the tire shredding power they needed.
CJ Pony Parts SEMA 2018 Build
- Ford/ROUSH Performance Supercharger
- Ford Performance by Borla Stainless Steel 2-1/2-in. Extreme Cat-Back Exhaust System with 4-in. Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips
- Ford Performance Track Lowering Springs
- Baer Eradispeed-Plus 2-Piece Front Brake Rotors
- Baer Brakes 13-in. Eradispeed-Plus 2-Piece Rear Brake Rotors
- UPR Billet Aluminum Adjustable Rear Upper Camber Arms
- UPR Billet Aluminum Rear Vertical Links
- UPR Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts
- Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
- Custom Sikky Manufacturing Hydraulic HandBrake
- Custom 20 x 10.5-in. HRE FF01 Wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tires; 295/35ZR20, Front/Rear
- Ford Performance Tow Hook Kit
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Type-GT Upper Grille
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Lower Grille
- Anderson Composites Dual Side Carbon Fiber Type-SA Heat Extractor Hood with Custom Plexiglass Center Section
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber GT350-Style Fenders
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Fender Flares
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Type-AR Side Skirts
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Dual Side Type-OE Trunk Lid
- Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Taillight Panel Molding
- Anderson Composites Quad Tip Carbon Fiber Type-AR Rear Diffuser
- ROUSH Chin Spoiler Aero Kit
- ROUSH Front Fascia Corner Pockets
- ROUSH Quarter Window Scoops
- Drake Muscle Cars Wicker Bill Style Rear Spoiler
- Rally Innovations Aluminum Side Skirt Splitters
- Rally Innovations Three-Piece Aluminum Front Splitter
- Diode Dynamics Smoked Rear LED Side Marker Lights
- Oracle Lighting Bluetooth Under-Car Lighting
- Custom Dark Shadow Grey Paint with Stars & Stripes Theme by GCR Auto Collision
- UPR Black Passenger Side Oil Separator Kit with a Single Valve Catch Can
- ROUSH Performance Supercharger Engine Cover Kit
- Oracle Lighting Bluetooth Under-Hood Lighting
- Ford Performance Black Leather Recaro Seats
- Ford Performance “GT350R” Rear Seat Delete Kit
- Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter Kit
- Ford OEM 2018 GT350R Steering Wheel
- Watson Racing 4-Point Roll Bar
- Accelerated Machined Billet Trim Plates
- Corbeau 5-Point Harnesses
It truly is one of our favorite Mustang builds at SEMA, and Bill has confirmed that this Mustang will be traveling the country throughout the 2019 show season, so you may get your chance to see this vehicle in person.
This year’s SEMA Show was more popular than ever and with builds like this one from CJ Pony Parts, we know that the popularity of modifying your vehicle is alive and well.