Sales at Mecum Louisville 2018, held September 7-8, were topped by two 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demons, both with double-digit mileage and protective plastic still affixed. The pair of Demons added to the $8.4 million in overall sales and a 74-percent sell-through rate.
The red-on-black version (Lot S85) demanded the highest dollar amount selling for $132,000, while the black-on-red car (Lot S151.1) brought $123,750. Other top sellers included a 4-speed 1969 Plymouth Hemi GTX(Lot S116) that sold for $100,100 and a Resto-Modded 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Lot S124) that brought $99,000, to name a few.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Louisville 2018 auction include:
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S85) at $132,000
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S151.1) at $123,750
- 1969 Plymouth Hemi GTX (Lot S116) at $100,100
- 1941 Chevrolet COE (Lot S9) at $99,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS (Lot S124) at $99,000
- 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS Convertible (Lot S8) at $82,500
- 1962 Chevrolet Nova Resto Mod (Lot F142.1) at $77,000
- 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Lot F152) at $71,500
- 1961 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S117) at $71,500
- 1965 Chevrolet Chevelle SS (Lot S123.1) at $70,400
Mecum Auctions heads to Dallas on October 3-6. For more auction information see Mecum Auctions.