Over the weekend, 300 cars from across Southern California gathered at Eibach Suspension in Corona, to participate in Local Car Fest. The event, organized by Local Car Scene – a car culture event group based in Temecula – focused on bringing together enthusiasts of all years, makes, and models while creating and maintaining positive car culture for enthusiasts of all ages.
“I felt like the community was at a divide with the import scene and the old American muscle scene,” said Justin Constant, founder of Local Car Scene.
“There was no happy medium where both generations can come together. I wanted to create an event that everyone could enjoy no matter what they drove,” Constant said. He added that he felt across all ages, Eibach serves as a strong platform in the aftermarket modification community, and it reflects what Local Car Fest is about, “a common ground amongst car enthusiast.”
As a result, approximately 3,000 people attended the event throughout the day, despite two other car shows held at the same time in the area.
The show featured a mix of American muscle like the Parson’s 1969 Mach 1 Drag Car and Imports such as Fabian’s RX-7. “We are a family friendly event that strives to gather both generations of car enthusiasts into one event,” Constant noted.
Another show trend that was hard to ignore was the overwhelming amount of Mopar vehicles. “Those cars are becoming increasingly popular nowadays. There are lots of clubs in Southern California that are MOPAR specific. I want to say at least 20 drove from out of state even,” Constant said.
Other show elements included an exhaust contest hosted by The True AWDsome Lifestyle for rotary powered vehicles in addition to those powered by 4-, 6-, and 8 Cylinder engines.
Awards were given to the following participants in the respective categories:
- Best Wrap – JA_392
- Best Classic Cruiser – Trace Melton
- Best Classic Custom – Dave Deboe
- Most Original Import – Monica Sullivan
- Best VIP – Johnny Tran
- Best Sound System – Shaun Luther
- Best Fitment – Steve Lopez
- Best Bagged Fitment – Alex Armstead
- Best Engine Bay – Nick Stanowski
- Best Interior – Henry Nguyen
- Most Unique Build – Bart
- Most Original – Bob Kleinpass
- Best Truck – Mason Bratcher
- Best Turbo Car – Leonard White
- Best Exotic – Gene Vega
- Most Track Ready – Brent Josephson
- Most Dragstrip Ready – The Parsons
- Best Paintjob – Miranda H.
- Best Toyota 1st Place – Manny Morales
- Best Toyota 2nd Place – Tri Nguyen
- Best AWD 1st Place – Jay Roxas
- Best AWD 2nd Place – Jazpher Mancion
- Best European 1st Place – Tony A.
- Best European 2nd Place – Don Malinas
- Best Mazda 1st Place – Jose Rodriguez
- Best Mazda 2nd place – Chris Majoravas
- Best Chevrolet 1st Place – Lawrence
- Best Chevrolet 2nd Place – John Lorenco
- Best Nissan 1st Place – Travis Nguyen
- Best Nissan 2nd Place – Eddie Leon
- Best Ford 1st Place – Noel Barba
- Best Ford 2nd Place – Rick Ramirez
- Best MOPAR 1st Place – Salam Gorou
- Best MOPAR 2nd Place – Ron Pingol
- Best JDM 1st Place – Alex Ballesteros
- Best JDM 2nd Place – Julz
- Best Honda 1st Place – Anthony Valenzuela
- Best Honda 2nd Place – Art Alverez
- Pre-1980 1st Place – Brett Stebel
- Pre-1980 2nd Place – Art Rodriguez
- Pre-1980 3rd Place – Ted Carli
- Post-1980 1st Place – Michael Capizzi
- Post-1980 2nd Place – Galvin Logan
- Post-1980 3rd Place – Mike Klenofsky
The next event organized by Local Car Scene is “Judgment Day Dyno Competition” on December 9 in Temecula, followed by Murrieta Valley High Car Show on January 26, and GOHS Car Show Fundraiser set for March 16, while the next Local Car Fest event is currently planned for November 2019.
For more information on Local Car Scene, check out the website here.