Katech engine upgrades, visual enhancements build on 50-year performance legacy.
Berger Chevrolet has elevated the performance and style of the track-focused Camaro SS 1LE with the new “Berger 1LE Edition” package.
Featuring Katech engine upgrades that push output to 550 horsepower and 485 lb.-ft. of torque, along with exclusive exterior appointments, the new 1LE Edition offers comparable power to the Camaro ZL1 with natural aspiration. The lack of a supercharger and intercooling system helps maintain the 1LE’s 80-pound weight advantage.
“The Camaro SS 1LE is one of the most capable cars on the street or track and we’ve taken it to the next level with more power and a more distinctive appearance,” said Matt Berger, President. “With these enhancements, we’ve upped the fun quotient, while advancing our long history of offering Camaros with more.”
In a partnership with Katech, the 1LE Edition’s 6.2L LT1 engine is upgraded with CNC-ported cylinder heads, a high-performance camshaft, CNC-ported throttle body and high-performance valve lifters. The engine is also topped with an MSD Atomic intake manifold, along with Katech color-keyed valve covers and relocated ignition coils. Air is drawn through a high-flow intake system.
Custom chassis-dyno calibration ensures the engine enhancements deliver on Berger’s 50-year legacy of Camaro performance.
When it comes to the 1LE Edition’s distinguishers, highlights include:
- Katech Engine Upgrade 550 HP / 485 Ft. Lbs. Torque
- Katech Cylinder Heads
- Katech Camshaft
- Katech CNC Ported Throttle Body
- High Speed Lifters
- Coil Relocation with Color-Keyed Valve Cover Treatment
- Katech Logo on Valve Covers & Billet Fill Cap
- MSD Atomic Intake Plenum
- High Flow Airbox
- Chassis Dyno Calibration
- Custom Painted Satin Black Hood and Hood Vents
- Custom Painted Hood and Fender Hash Marks in Red Hot
- Black Out Big Block Tail Panel
- Berger Prescribed Power Fender Badges
- Berger Prescribed Power Dash Plaque
- Berger Prescribed Power Under Hood Decal
- Billet By Berger Under Hood Emblem
- Black By Berger Tail Panel Emblem
- Custom Black Factory Look 1LE Fender Badges
- Custom Black Factory Look 1LE Front and Rear Badges
- Wicker Bill Rear Spoiler Extension
What doesn’t change with Berger’s unique edition is the track-proven chassis system that gives the production 1LE more than 1g capability on the track, including its performance suspension system with Magnetic Ride Control and an electronic limited-slip rear differential. It also features Brembo six-piston monoblock front brake calipers, four-piston rear calipers and two-piece brake rotors, measuring 15.4 inches (390mm) in front and 14.4 inches (365mm) in the rear.
The wheels and tires include 20-in. x 10-in. aluminum front wheels wrapped in 285/30R20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires and 20-in. x 11-in. aluminum rear wheels wrapped in 305/30R20 Eagle F1s.
Additional content includes a front splitter, three-piece blade style spoiler, dual mode exhaust, Recaro front seats, a sueded flat-bottom steering wheel and sueded shift knob for the six-speed close ratio manual transmission.
Berger’s 1LE Edition package lists for $12,598.46 with the completed car as low as $56,898.46.