The COPO Camaro is an icon in the Camaro and racing world. If you’re looking to own a piece of the COPO Camaro history, a 1969 COPO is heading to Mecum soon to find a new owner.
This minty green 1969 COPO Camaro is powered by a L72 427ci big-block Chevy V8 that puts out 425 horsepower. Backing the beast of an engine is a 4-speed Muncie manual transmission. As a part of the COPO treatment, the powertrain feeds into a special pose-trac rearend. Exhaust is fed into a chamber exhaust, and it rides on a heavy-duty suspension. It also has a cowl-induction hood — this COPO is full of goodies!
It’s car number 9561, and has resided in Spokane, Washington it’s whole life after a rotisserie restoration. It has been repainted in the original correct Dark Green color, and sport the poverty hubcaps.
The Camaro Hi-Performance origination has issues a certificate of authentication that comes with the car. There’s no estimated place listed on the Mecum website, but it’s not going to be cheap to take it home.
This 1969 Camaro COPO is located at lot S118, and will be auctioned off in Portland, Oregon during the June 16th-17th event.
- Rare 9561 COPO sold new at Camp Chevrolet in Spokane, Washington
- Superior-quality restoration performed with correct components and highly detailed throughout
- L72 427/425 HP big block engine
- M21 4-speed transmission
- 4.10 Positraction rear end
- Cowl induction system
- Power disc brakes
- Tilt steering column
- Rosewood steering wheel
- Radio delete
- XT-coded 14×7 wheels
- •Chambered exhaust system
- •Original poverty caps
- •Correct Goodyear polyglas tires
- •Correct dark green upholstery
- •Refinished in the original Fathom Green color
- •Norwood-built car with X44 code
- •Original trim tag with vehicle production date of 05C
- •Certificate of Authenticity from Camaro Hi-Performance
- •NCRS Shipping Data Report